At Shronell National School we strive to create a safe caring environment in which each child will develop morally, socially and intellectually thus enabling him/her to become a happy, confident, independent and respectful individual.
1. To create a Christian atmosphere where all strive to cultivate good relationships based on respect between staff, pupils, parents and local community. In this atmosphere, each child will learn to become a responsible, considerate, respectful and co-operative person.
2. We aim to cultivate and cherish the individuality and uniqueness of each child; To seek out and nurture their strengths thus developing a healthy self- esteem and thereby enabling them to experience a full and happy childhood.
3. We aim to achieve the highest possible standard in each curricular area thus laying a solid foundation on which to build in the future.
4. To develop in pupils an appreciation of the arts and an awareness of the beauty of the world around them and of their responsibility in its preservation and conservation.
5. To awaken the pupils a sense of belonging to, respect for, responsibility towards and pride in the members of their family, their school and their community.
HOW TO ACHIEVE AIMS
We strive to achieve these aims through:
• Good example • Affirmation • Formal teaching • Informal activities
• Within a school climate of trust, co-operation, encouragement and responsibility